1 Reply Latest reply on May 24, 2013 8:08 AM by philmodjunk

Best Method Suggestions.....

Annette

Title

Best Method Suggestions.....

Hello,

I was looking for some suggestions on the best and most effecient user friendly way of entering some information.  I havent begun to design this section as of yet so I can go in whatever direction works. 

Basically I have a database of clients and their personal information.  I need t record service hours for these users.  Service hours work like this:

8am-8pm - Day hours (calculated hourly)

8pm-8am - Overnight stay (not calculated hourly, just as an overnight)

So if I entered the service on Monday at 8 am and left on Tuesday at 8am the result I need is 1 overnight, 12 hours. 

And if I entered on Monday at 10:00 am and left on Wednesday at 12pm the result would be 2 overnights, 26 hours

I would like users to be able to enter it in a range from date of entry to exit rather than as seperate occurances for ease of entry.  Just wanted to see if anyone who's had more experience than me had any good ideas/suggestions. 

Thanks for the input!!

• 1. Re: Best Method Suggestions.....
          philmodjunk

Not sure what you mean be separate "occurrences" but to get consistent input, I'd use 4 fields for data entry purposes, one for the date arrived, one for the date left, one for the time arrived and one for the time checked out. I don't see how that would be any more difficult and it makes it possible to use calendar drop downs for the date. You can also "check in now" and "check out now" buttons that enter these values automatically when the user clicks a button to make the data-entry even simpler.