2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2009 10:01 AM by jlarmen

Best way to implement form

jlarmen

Title

Best way to implement form

I've got a little bit of FM under my belt, just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to quit my day job.  I need to create a database that takes a photo order form and translates it into FM.  For example, I have a customer, they order a Package A, an Item R, etc... I don't need quite an invoicing layout as this is for a one shot deal with each customer.  I envisioned the customer info at the header, then a replica of the form, tab friendly with checkboxes next to the item, and maybe a quantity.  I created a table for the customer, one for the league info (it's for a BBall League), one for the items.  I'm now scratching my head trying to tie it all together using the check box/radio boxes.  Thanks

--anybody?

• 1. Re: Best way to implement form
          Jade

Hi,

Sounds like you are almost there.  

It may help to add two more tables (one for the Photo Order Header {POH} and one for the Photo Order Items {POI}). There is probably a one-to-many relationship between POH and POI.

Create your layout for the photo order form based on POH and use a portal of POI on this layout.

So the Table Occurrences on the relationship graph should look something like this:

Customer <= POH <= POI => Items => League

Hope this helps… If not please post back. 

• 2. Re: Best way to implement form
            jlarmen
               Thank You.  I got it working.  That helped!