AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way, good pages to read, for developing my FM database away from just 1 user

Question asked by disabled_dconnect on Feb 20, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Best way, good pages to read, for developing my FM database away from just 1 user

Hi,

I'm going to have someone else working on my FM 12 database.

So far all my checkbox fields, like "Need to call company: YES or NO" have worked as only I have been using them. But when someone else starts using the database things will get confusing as she might put YES down to call a company, and I see it and think I didn't do that, or did I, do I actually need to call them, well you get the idea.

My solutions, with less than 6 months FM experience, would be this:

1. Create a new "Need to call company: YES or NO" for the new user.

2. a) Then create a tab so the user can click onto their "Need to call company: YES or NO" tab to see their checkbox.

b) or don't create a tab, and just create a duplicate layout of the database and change my "Need to call company: YES or NO" for their "Need to call company: YES or NO" in this layout.

I think 2b is the cleanest way of doing it, but there may be a much better way that I haven thought about.

I have about 10 fields that I would need to recreate for the new user if I do it like this.

And there are about 50 other fields in the database that do not need to be split, e.g., company name, phone number ...

What do you think I should do?

Outcomes