2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2010 2:13 PM by user14830

BIG CALCULATION PROBLEMS

user14830

Title

BIG CALCULATION PROBLEMS

Hello again!

I'm using FM11

I am trying to have a specific field paste the contents of the first field that has a value entered in it, but it needs to go in a specific order.  All of these fields are on the same layout and in the same table.

Here's my script I have now...

If [Hands::BBA1 = "C" and Hands::SBB1 ≥ ""]

Set Field [Hands:BBB1 ; Hands:SBB1]

End If

If [Hands::BBA1 ="C" and Hands:: SBB1 ≤ ""]

Set Field [Hands::BBB1 ; Hands:BB1]

End if

If [Hands::BBA1 = "C" and Hands::BB1 ≤ ""]

Set Field [Hands::BBB1 ; Hands::COB1]

End If

If [Hands::BBA1 = "C" and Hands::COB1 ≤ ""]

Set Field [Hands:BBB1 ; Hands::MB1]

End If

If [Hands:: BBA1 ="C" and Hands::MB1 ≤ ""]

Set Field [Hands::BBB1 ; Hands:: UTGB1]

End If

At first, this appeared to work.  But I noticed if the script had to skip a few too many then it wont work.  Is there a more "sophisticated" solution to this??

Thanks for you help.

Fred

• 1. Re: BIG CALCULATION PROBLEMS
          mrvodka

What is the purpose of this?

• 2. Re: BIG CALCULATION PROBLEMS
            user14830

I'm working on a database to log poker hands.  My company produces poker television shows, and we're trying to streamline the data entry process of for our editors.

The acronyms I'm using probably look confusing.  Here is the end goal...

When it's a player's turn to act they have the option to bet, raise, fold or call.  I have scripts worked our for if the player folds, and no scripts are need for a bet or a raise.  But if a player calls, (or "C" as the database is concerned), I would like the script to paste the most recent bet in order, (if you were actually sitting at a poker table the order would go from your right around the table).

As the script is written now, I'm telling it that if a bet amount field has no value, move to the next one, and so on.  At first it seemed to work, but then I noticed if there are more than a couple of empty bet amount fields the chain is broken, (or at least that's how it appears to me).

Thanks for your help.  I hope I made things clearer for your advice.

Fred