7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2014 6:30 AM by philmodjunk

bill customer position

tomasvergara

Title

bill customer position

hello,

when i make a 'bill' i prefer to get the receiptment client info (customer info/adres/place of living)
           at the right above.. instead of middle on the left.

because then i can use a 'windowed enveloppe'.

where can i adjust the end result layout of the printable/email Bill?

greetings
           tomas

• 1. Re: bill customer position
          philmodjunk

Your post is very vague.

Are you trying to modify a FileMaker Starter Solution?

If you are, which version of FileMaker are you using?

Which layout are you trying to change?

• 2. Re: bill customer position
            tomasvergara

yes, i open a starter solution,

(its in dutch, don't know how to change that)

you see: Factureren aan:
                 its the Name/adres/zipcode and information from your customer..

I want to use a Envelope with open window.. when i want to do that, and want to make this possible because of the position of the window,
                 i need the 'Factureren aan' field  Right above..

• 3. Re: bill customer position
              philmodjunk

If you are, which version of FileMaker are you using?

The starter solutions are different with each version release.

But if you enter layout mode, you can use your mouse to drag things such as the customer address fields to a different position on the layout. You can also change the size of the layout parts and make many other changes. I suggest making a copy of your file and then experimenting with the copy until you figure out how to get the results that you want.

But you may also want to learn more about how to do this by investing in some training materials.

• 4. Re: bill customer position
                tomasvergara

i have version 13..

when make adjustments in Layout mode.. the end result as PDF/email doesn't change.. the position of fields stay the same

• 5. Re: bill customer position
                  philmodjunk

Then it would appear that you are modifying the wrong layout. This starter solution, is it Invoices?, probably uses a different layout to print/save as PDF than you use for data entry so you need to figure out which layout to modify in order to get the results that you want.

• 6. Re: bill customer position
                    tomasvergara

Found it..

can i adjust the beginning of the Invoice number? because my administration now don't have the number '1'

• 7. Re: bill customer position
                      philmodjunk

The Invoice is probably an auto-entered serial number. The "next serial value" is a field option for that field. You can use Manage | Database | fields to find the definition for that field, double click it to open field options and then you can change this setting on the auto-enter tab.