4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 4:37 PM by TSGal

Blank Data base fill

discoii

Title

Blank Data base fill

Okay I have a blank data base nothing in it or on the layout . I want to make the blank sheet have all of the same color then build a data base with fields ect. 

How do I do it. 

• 2. Re: Blank Data base fill
          TSGal

discoli:

Thank you for your post.

To change the background color, perform the following steps:

1. In your blank layout, pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode".

2. Pull down the View menu and turn on "Formatting Bar".

3. Click once on the "Body".

4. In the Formatting Bar, click the "Fill" icon and select the color you want displayed as a background fill.

5. If you have a Header and Footer (and/or other parts) that you want to color, repeat step #4 for those parts.

If you need clarification of any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Blank Data base fill
            StellaLuna
               It is certainly frustrating to new users, that after years and years, filemaker still doesn't have in their Help file, easy identification on how to change the color of the parts.  They have been told over and over that it is lacking in the help manual.  Can you pass it along again TSGAL?  It is one of the most common questions asked by newer people and they usually spent many hours trying to figure it out first when it should be clearly identified.
            • 4. Re: Blank Data base fill
              TSGal

Stella Luna:

Thank you for your post.

I have forwarded this entire thread to the manager of our documentation.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.