3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 10:57 AM by TSGal

Body Part not breaking across page boundaries after sub-summary

peirone

Title

Body Part not breaking across page boundaries after sub-summary

Here's my problem : I have a report of "Product Descriptions" and each product will have a "specification" #. The report is sub-sorted by spec #, so that all products with spec #1 show, then spec #2 products, etc. The text box for the production description can have alot of text, spanning more than one page. However, the text box won't break across pages; the sub-summary part is at the top of page 2 with the product desc. below it, and a huge white space on page one under the head. If I don't sort by spec #, the body text breaks across the page fine. Anyway around this?

• 1. Re: Body Part not breaking across page boundaries after sub-summary
          TSGal

Gary B:

Thank you for your post.

Go back into the Layout and double-click on the Sub-Summary part.  Make sure you have checked the option "Allow part to break across page boundaries, and make sure you don't check "Page break before each occurrence" or "Page breaker after every <n> occurences".  Otherwise, you will get white space.

Let me know if you are still running into difficulty.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Body Part not breaking across page boundaries after sub-summary
            peirone

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm afraid that didn't solve the problem. I have a pdf I can send; can I upload through this message board? And just to be more specific : the report starts with a leading grand summary (no header part), then the sub-summary part, then the body, then the same sub-summary part (the first shows the title for the product, the second shows the total price following the product description), then a trailing grand summary and then footer. All parts are set with all options off except the sub-summaries, which have just "Page break before each occurrence" turned on.

Cheers,

Gary 

• 3. Re: Body Part not breaking across page boundaries after sub-summary
              TSGal

GaryB:

Thank you for the additional information.

You can put the PDF file on a server and link to it.

If I read your post correctly, you should have a Leading Grand Summary on the first page.  Then, on your Sub-Summary part, since you have "Page break before each occurrence" turned on, it will appear on the second page.  This is followed by the Body, and then the trailing Sub-Summary, and is this also set for "Page Break before each occurrence"?  If so, then this will appear on the next page.

This should give you a clue into what is occurring.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.