3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2009 4:35 PM by KIDO

Bounced email with "Send Mail" command

rsagall_1

Title

Bounced email with "Send Mail" command

I am using the Send Mail command using an SMTP server. It seems to be working fine. What I don't know is how a bounced email is handled. It doesn't appear in the from address's mailbox as a bounced email. 

Any suggestions?

Rich

• 1. Re: Bounced email with "Send Mail" command
          KIDO
             <!--            @page { margin: 2cm }           P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm }        -->

See note in script step Send Mail.

Help - script steps reference.

• 2. Re: Bounced email with "Send Mail" command
            rsagall_1
               I don't see any relevant information in the Help section. Please be more specific.
            • 3. Re: Bounced email with "Send Mail" command
              KIDO
                 <!--            @page { margin: 2cm }           P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm }        -->
              Note  If you choose SMTP Server and Multiple emails (one for each record in the found set) and FileMaker encounters an error while emailing the one of the records, the remaining records will not be sent.

The Send Email processes via your internet connection as:

FM ---------(1)----------> Your service provider (SP) ---------- (2) --------------> Addressee

If the error occurs in stage (1), FM returns the error number that can be captured in your email script.

If the error occurs in stage (2), you may get an email from your service provider, but you can't control this stage in FM.