2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2010 1:05 PM by philmodjunk

BPS email: can HTML be used in the subject box?!?!?

Drumm1

Title

BPS email: can HTML be used in the subject box?!?!?

Hi All,

I am finding this forum very useful, thank you all for the great advice... I'm currently trialing FMP 10 and using the BPS services edition which I am slowly getting my head around customising...

I am wanting to send HTML email on a weekly basis to all my customers and mailing lists but ideally I would like to personalise the subject line for my mailings....

Is there anyway i can make the buttons apply to the subject line of my email campaign? I need to specify... F.T.A.O: <Title> <Last Name>

Any information on offer is always appreciated..

• 1. Re: BPS email: can HTML be used in the subject box?!?!?
          Drumm1
             Anyone?!?!? My campaigns are on hold until I can find out whats what here!!
          • 2. Re: BPS email: can HTML be used in the subject box?!?!?
            philmodjunk

I don't have the BPS templates to look at so can't give you specifics. That's why I passed on your original post. I hoped someone with a copy of BPS could give you a specific answer. :smileysad:

In general terms, you can use the contents of fields to compose the text you see in the subject line. Don't know what would happen if that text included HTML tags...

In your system, you have a button that probably performs a script to send your email. Somewhere in that script, you'll find a step marked "Send Mail". If you double click that line of your script, you'll get a dialog box where you'll find a text box labeled subject. If you click the button with the black arrow to its right, you can design a calculation that controls what text appears in your subject line when this script sends the email.

How do you trace all that back from the button you click?

Enter layout mode on the layout where you click this button.

Double click the button and you'll find the name of the script in the button setup... that pops up.

Close the dialog and use manage Scripts to find the script.

Double click this script to open the script in the script editor...