9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2009 10:01 AM by RSchaub

BREACH

gkrambati143_1

Title

BREACH

this is for FILEMAKER EXPERTS HOW SAFE IS FILEMAKER DATABASE WE WORK DAYS AND NIGHTS TO DESIGN OUR DATABASE WITH CUSTOMIZED PRIVILEGES IF U WANNA SELL UR DATABASE U LAND IN SOUP BECAUSE THERE IS A SOFTWARE WHICH CAN REVEAL ENTIRE ACCOUNTS THAT CAN ACCESS OUR DATABASE INCLUDING ADMIN ACCOUNT WITH INSTANT UNLOCKING OUR DATABASE GIVING THE CHANCE TO THE BUYER TO GET OUR RESTLESS PAIN TO BE RETOUCHED FILEMAKER DATABASE IS UNSAFE IF U WANNA SELL IT THEN U MUST BE PREPARED TO BE RETOUCHED IF NOT A OPEN SCRIPT ON FILE LAUNCH TO PREVENT ACCESSING DATABASE AND ALLOWING USER TO BE CONFINED WITH PRIVILEGES ASSIGNED BY THE ADMIN BYPASSING LOGIN FORM . BUT LOGIN FORM MUST BE THERE SO THAT BUYER CAN PREVENT IT FROM UN AUTORISED USAGE HOPE U UNDERTOOD I EXPECT A SERIOUS THIS IS A MOST SERIOUS ISSUE AND EXPERTS HAVE A LOOK ON THIS THIS IS NOT ORDINARY POST LIKE OTHERS I GUESS MOST IMPORTANT OF EVERYTHING THANKS FOR THE PERSONS WHO CONCERN THIS POST. WAITING FOR SOLUTION

• 1. Re: BREACH
          RSchaub

Wow this guy ANGRY. If you want to sell the product you should either remove the admin privleges with FileMaker Advanced or

have an external server activation system. Even a good startup script can prevent admin access if you program it right.

NEXT TIME DONT YELL we all can hear you in normal font.

• 2. Re: BREACH
            philmodjunk
               Tools that either extract or insert a password into filemaker to crack the file open have been around for many versions.
            • 3. Re: BREACH
              gkrambati143_1
                 i am trying to remove admin account but by default i could not do it there must be atleast one account with full access which is a drawback i need solution and only this site is my last destination
              • 4. Re: BREACH
                RSchaub

You need to do it with FileMaker Advanced. You need to hav ethe file closed but have (FMA) opened

using Tools / Developer Utillities /   Click the Add Button / Choose your file / Specify the Project folder

(must be different than original folder) / Choose solution / Remove Admin Access from files permatly.

This will create a clone of your file with the Admin Privleges removed.

You original file will stay intact.

You sell or demo the newlyy created file without Admin Privleges.

Hope this explains it better to you. 

Rember you must have FileMAker Advanced to do this. The regular (client) version 

will not work.

• 5. Re: BREACH
                  gkrambati143_1
                     wow it worked thanks a lot SOLUTION WORKED:) SOON BE BACK WITH NEW ANGER lol
                  • 6. Re: BREACH
                    gkrambati143_1
                       but with some softwares we could get unlocked databases so that unauthorised persons could use the database create edit or delete or re assign new password now how about this solution waiting for solution
                    • 7. Re: BREACH
                      RSchaub

Not with the admin privlege removed.

You Can not 

Hack the file , Manage the database, Access scripting , view data, kill startup script with the script debugger. And more with Admin priveleges in the file

I dare you you to try. 

• 8. Re: BREACH
                        gkrambati143_1
                           hahaha we can with admin removed i did it we can access any filemaker file i guess filemaker has to upgrade
                        • 9. Re: BREACH
                          RSchaub

OK So you did , but I am sure you did remove privleges from other account that allow

access to define the database and scripts etc. 

I would be extremely silly to remove the admin privleges and not secure the other 

accounts before hand