3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 2:55 PM by philmodjunk

Breaking a Report into two sections

bokenrosie

Title

Breaking a Report into two sections

I'm doing a find that pulls out all "yes" and "maybe" people that are coming to my event.  I then have a report for this list.

I'd like to break it into two sections to make it clear who is coming and who is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Breaking a Report into two sections
          philmodjunk

Presumably you have a field where the text in the field is either yes or maybe after you have performed your find.

Make this a list view layout and use part setup to add a sub summary layout part "when sorted by" this field that contains this text.

Then sort your records on this field and you will get a list of your records grouped by whether the value in this field is "yes" or "maybe".

• 2. Re: Breaking a Report into two sections
            bokenrosie

I'm still having a tough time with this.

I added the subsummary part but it does not seem to make a difference.  

How would I know if I have a lisview layout?  

Is it possible that the sort script I have added to this layout is causing me trouble?

I have a find that gets all yes and maybe

I also have a sort by sort key added to that script.

I want all the yes response people first, sorted by sort key

then second half of list all the maybe, sorted by sort key.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Breaking a Report into two sections
              philmodjunk

How would I know if I have a list view layout?

Select this option in the View menu. You can also select options in Layout Setup... so that this is the only possible view option for the layout. You do not want to use form or table view for this report.

If you sort your records by the sortkey in descending order, the records with "yes" will appear first followed by the records with "maybe" specified second. Make sure that the field you select for your sorting is exactly the same field that you specified in the setup for the sub summary parts. If the "break" or "sorted by" field specified for a sub summary part is not selected for the current sort order or your records are unsorted (as they will always be immediately after a find is performed), the sub summary part will not be visible.