2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 6:23 AM by brammers

Browser Not Supported Error

brammers

Title

Browser Not Supported Error

Hi All, i've been working on a few systems for my company - a couple of which I have decided to deploy using FM WebDirect.

On certain machines I have no trouble at all (either using Firefox or IE 10), yet on another machine with the same browser version I get the dreaded 'Browser Not Supported' message, although it clearly states in the Tech Specs that this version IS supported.

I was wondering if it may be a Java issue, so I upgraded Java 7 on one of the affect machines, and it made no difference.

Most machines here are controlled via Group Policy, so the software is updated everyday (if updates are available etc). I tried doing a manual Windows Update search, and there were no available updates, so I know the machine is current.

I really don't know where to go from here, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason why one machine with IE 10.0.9200.xxxxx works fine, yet another one doesn't. ESPECIALLY when FileMaker themselves say that these are supported browsers.

It's really not helping me instill faith in the FileMaker platform within my company... Please help!