1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2014 3:00 AM by FredH

Budget Simulation Approach

FredH

Title

Budget Simulation Approach

Hi,

I am quite new with FileMaker and would like to have your input on the approach that I should take for a Budget Simulation project I need.

Purpose is to see the occupancy and price impact on the P&L of a company that is renting rooms.

In order to explain you what I would need to do, I uploaded an example of the Excel I am using now :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryf9sya0eyd3lm8/FileMaker%20Example.xlsx?dl=0

• In blue : the work hypothesis for each building
      •      
      • In yellow : the parameters that can be changed in order to see the impact on the P&L
      •      
      • In white : calculated fields
      Additional details : 

• In the example, you see that there are 2 tables (2 scenarios) but there can be more scenarios and it would be needed to be able to keep trace of all scenarios.  What would be the best way in order to be able to create additional scenarios and to be able to compare these afterwards?
      •      
      • We always analyze 4 years but Y1 depends on the opening date.  For this building, it is 2013 but for other buildings, it could be 2014, 2015, etc.  What should be used in order to make sure that the correct years are proposed for data entry but also guarantee that at the end, we will be able to sum totals for each year (all buildings combined)?
      •      
      • As from Y+1, the occupancy profit takes into account the index rate

Based on your experience, how should this be set up in FileMaker 13?

Thanks in advance for your input and time!
      Kind regards,

_Fred_

• 1. Re: Budget Simulation Approach
          FredH

Hi experts,

I am still stuck at this stage.  Although I think now think that the "simulation" is not too complex to handle, I still could not figure out how to handle the P&L on a multiyear basis knowing that the years shown can be different for each building.

What is the best way to set this up in the database?

Thanks in advance for your help!
          Kind regards,

_Fred_