2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 6:37 AM by IJ

BUG? SYSTEM FORMAT CHANGES @ WEBDIRECT

IJ

Title

BUG? SYSTEM FORMAT CHANGES @ WEBDIRECT

Hi,

This database was created in a Portuguese formatted Windows 7 computer to be used in the US (ONLY!). The file is set to keep the System Format, and a script loads when the file opens enforcing the system to :

If [Get (SystemLanguage) = “English”]

If [Get (SystemLanguage) = "English"]

Set Use System Formats [On]

End If

Notwithstanding, decimal numbers using system settings Data Formatting display correctly when the file is opened in Filemaker, but not when opened in Webdirect, when "." (period) decimal divider is substituted by "," (coma) instead. Meaning that one entering data in Webdirect with ". " (period) gets an unexpected different number: e.g., entering in Webdirect 3.85 gets 385 instead!

The problem is that this Advanced Pro database was working well in both ways (in Filemaker and Webdirect) and in a sudden started with this problem. Since the database is hosted by a cloud service, I suspect that a latest server update may be causing this problem. Heads up, I ("Compacted") saved the file several times in a US IOS computer changing all possible alternatives I had to see if it would solve the Internet access problem with no success.

Any clue on how to fix this bug?

IJ

FILEMAKER_X_WEBDIRECT_AND_WEBDIRECT_X_WEBDIRECT.png