1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2010 1:10 PM by aammondd

Build a Calculation that automatically updates 1 field in several records that share 1 common field

AAgraphics

Title

Build a Calculation that automatically updates 1 field in several records that share 1 common field

FMP 10 on Mac and PC.

Contacts/Vendors update their information using IWP.

I have a database of sixty plus contacts.  There are many contacts that are from the same company.  I have it set up so that a contact can log in and update their company's banking information.  However, I need a calculation set up in certain fields that can automatically update itself with new information if a contact within the same company updates certain fields.  Does this make sense?

For example.  John, Jane and Larry all work for ABC Widgets.  John logs into his vendor profile and updates ABC Widgets' banking information.  Well, Jane and Larry's banking information needs to be automatically updated with that information.  Then, let's say Jane logs in and enter's ABC Widgets' new FDA number.  Well, John and Larry's FDA number needs to be updated with the same one as Jane.

All of the contacts are in as individual records.  That is how the database is set up.

How would I build a calculation like this in specific fields?  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thank you for your time.