3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 6:55 AM by philmodjunk

Bulleted List in Text Box

TarraFarnham

Title

Bulleted List in Text Box

Good morning everyone!  I have a text box that I would like to make bullets in automatically (just like if you're on Word and you make the bullet list, press tab and it'll indent, ect). 

I looked through the forums and didn't really see anything that truly answered my question, and would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks!

Tarra

• 1. Re: Bulleted List in Text Box
          philmodjunk

SetField [ YoutTable::YourTextField ; List ( YourTable::YourTextField ; Char ( 9 ) & "● " & "bulleted text here" ) ]

will append a tab, a bullet and some text to any text already in the field, starting it on the next line below the last line of text in  your field. You can set a tab stop for the tab on the Inspector's appearance tab.

• 2. Re: Bulleted List in Text Box
            TarraFarnham

Thank you Phil!  Well, it worked correctly for the most part, except I'm not sure which script trigger to choose.  I tried all of the ones they allow, but none of them work exactly the way I'd like.  Generally, they all insert the bullet immediately, but none allow me to press enter after the first bullet, have another bullet come up, or indent the bullet in to make a second level bullet. 

Tarra

• 3. Re: Bulleted List in Text Box
              philmodjunk

In my solution--an iPhone based solution where I used to build a multi-line outline style block of text used for formatted input, I clicked a button to run the script and add a bullet item as needed. In my case, I didn't use the script to add the text after the bullet, I just clicked a button to add the tab and bullet, then entered the rest manually.