10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 1:58 PM by ChristofBirkenmaier

Button action: Create an email with a pdf from a container field as an attachment

ChristofBirkenmaier

Title

Button action: Create an email with a pdf from a container field as an attachment

Hi there!

I have been reading around the forum, but either I don't quite understand some issues or this specific question has not been asked yet.

I have a database in which amongst other info, some documents relating to a specific person are stored in container fields with relative links (see attached screenshot). The actual documents are inside folders with that persons name and these folders are in a master folder that also contains a separate folder with the database file.

A button that I created generates an email with a text that is generated from the database fields, but I also want to attach one or more of the pdf files for this specific person from the container fields within the same data set.

How can I do this? All my attempts so far have failed. The email list the file names, but the files are not attached.

Grateful for any suggestion!

Thanks, Chris

Screen_Shot_2014-01-13_at_11.09.png