1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2015 3:39 PM by philmodjunk

Button Bar Issues

ithink

Title

Button Bar Issues

Hi, I just started to delve into Filemaker 14 and thought that the button bar was going to serve me well but I'm having my doubts. It seems that by solving one problem I create another and vice versa.

I have multiple buttons (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) with assigned scripts to show and hide other associated buttons. I Click button (1) to show 3 associated buttons on a button bar in an inactive state. When I click one of the associated buttons it becomes active and reflects the assigned color indicating it's active state.

But when I click to hide those buttons and then click to show them again the active button state remains.

(The Fix) - When I go into the Active Segment and specify "False"and then add a refresh object script step it works properly.

However, when I have any of those associated buttons in an active state when I'm navigating through records they all go back to the inactive state.

If I don't apply the aforementioned fix and then navigate through the records, the active associated buttons remain in there proper active state. But then I recreate the other problem where they won't refresh back to the inactive state when I hide them and then re-open them again. 

Somehow I need to have both working simultaneously.

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be much appreciated.