AnsweredAssumed Answered

Button in portal does not work properly

Question asked by rhille on Oct 28, 2010
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Button in portal does not work properly

Hello

I am creating a DB and there is a layout that has a portal on it and that is linked to another table. The list shows the current customers. When I show this layout, no records are highlighted and all that that works fine.

Now what I am trying to achieve is simply this: when no line is selected, I want a button at the button of the page to read NEW and when a line is selected, I want the button to read MODIFY. Now, from what I could gather in the forum, I guess the best way to do that would be to use a transparent TAB PANEL with two pages, each one with the appropriate button. Each tab would obviously be named accordingly. Since, by default, no lines would be selected when I get on the page, I have set that TAB PANEL as showing the NEW button by default, and again all that is ok.

The problem I am having is that when I click on one field that is on the portal, it does not run whatever script I selected. I even tried a simple message to troubleshoot and it did not work either. But if I copy the field elsewhere on the layout, it does work properly.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Rick

SS_PhilModJunk.png

Outcomes