0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 9:30 AM by KyleFontaine

Button Script to open a form if exists if not open new and auto pull name and date from specific...

KyleFontaine

Title

Button Script to open a form if exists if not open new and auto pull name and date from specific field

I am new at Filemaker Pro and have version 12. I wanted to use the weekly portion from one of the pre made solutions Filemaker Pro provides. So far I have successfully integrated the parts I pulled and needed. The problem I run into is a button to run a script (blue rectangle is the acting button in screen shot), to look for a preexisting hourly time sheet for that day and under that name and open it if exists, if not then open a new form and put in the name and date from that specific line or field on the newly opened form. I figured I may need 7 different buttons, one for each day only having to change which date line to pull from. I have made many variations but none are even close to working correctly for what I am looking for. I will answer any questions if additional information is needed to clarify. Any help on this would be greatly be appreciated. 

Screen_Shot_2014-01-03_at_11.13.02_AM.png