4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2014 3:01 PM by philmodjunk

Button to insert PDF into container based on a corresponding text field's file path

JoeSkinner

Title

Button to insert PDF into container based on a corresponding text field's file path

Hi All,

I am trying to have a Layout that has multiple text fields with file paths inside of them to PDF files. I am trying to create buttons that correspond to each text field that when you click this button it will set an Interactive Container with this file path and show the corresponding PDF file from this path.

Right now I have the button set up to Set Field a universal text field called "Current PDF Viewed" with the button's text field file path. Then I have the interactive container set up as a Calculation in the database manager, and that calculation equals the "Current PDF Viewed" contents.

However, all that happens is this "Current PDF Viewed" filepath info just shows itself on the container but doesn't load the actual PDF file it is referencing.

I have been banging my head against this problem for weeks now, any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the help,

Joe