3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 8:25 AM by raybaudi

Buttons flash black when clicked -- can this be changed?

LeoB

Title

Buttons flash black when clicked -- can this be changed?

When a button is clicked, the background of the entire button flashes black for an instant and then it executes.

Is there any way to change that flash color?

I know this is a REAL nitpick, but it would help on a couple layouts where I have hidden return buttons that only display when the user goes to that layout from certain other layouts.  The hidden buttons do not execute if accidentally clicked because of the script, but they do flash black and I would like to eliminate that.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Buttons flash black when clicked -- can this be changed?
          raybaudi

LeoB wrote:

I have hidden return buttons that only display when the user goes to that layout from certain other layouts.

How do you hide those buttons ?

If you'll use a Tab Control or the "portal trick", you will not see the buttons, nor you'll be hable to push them.

• 2. Re: Buttons flash black when clicked -- can this be changed?
            LeoB

How do you hide those buttons ?

I use text only underlined buttons with the text the same color as the background so they are normally invisible.  The script from the related layout sets a global field for the button to 1 from 0.  I use conditional formatting to make the button text visible when the global field is a 1.  When clicking the return button, the script sets the gobal field back to 0.

To prevent accidental clicking of the button (which does not display the hand when moused over), the return script has a simple if function so that if the global field is 0 the script is halted -- so nothing happens except the background flashes to black for an instant.  If I could get rid of that black flash, it would work perfectly.

If you'll use a Tab Control or the "portal trick", you will not see the buttons, nor you'll be hable to push them.

I can't figure out how Tab Control would have any affect on the buttons, nor do I know about the portal trick.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Buttons flash black when clicked -- can this be changed?
              raybaudi

LeoB wrote:

I can't figure out how Tab Control would have any affect on the buttons, nor do I know about the portal trick.

Tab Control

If you have a Tab Control with two tabs, no border, no color, no label, and a button ONLY into a TAB, you can simulate the effect of having ( or not ) a button in the form.

Portal Trick

An object, placed into a portal, will hide itself IF the relationship is not valid.