AnsweredAssumed Answered

Buttons within Tabbed Panel / Generating information from Portal to fields in Tabs

Question asked by MikeKeane on Dec 10, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Buttons within Tabbed Panel / Generating information from Portal to fields in Tabs

I am trying FileMaker Pro 11 and I have build a database for buildings with tables for owner, tenants, agents, listing info etc. In one of my forms I constructed a layout that allows me to see all of this information in one place. I have set up a tab panel which includes owner info, listing info and tenant info. All these tabs contain fields from their related tables. Which is fine for the listing info and the owner info as there is only one record per building. However there are multiple records for the Tenants table so in order to see all the tenants in the building on the form I have created a portal to that table.

My questions are as follows:

1) how can I create a button / buttons that navigate thru the tenants in the tabbed panel where it only displays one tenant's information at a time? (I created buttons for "next record" but when I click them it goes to the next building and subsequently the tenant whithin that building not the next tenant in the same building.)

2) Is it possible (and if so how can I do this) to be able to click on a tenant record within the portal area and have all the information associated with that record generate in the tenant tabbed panel?

Thank you so much for your input.

Picture_3.png

Outcomes