3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 7:48 PM by schamblee

Buyer ...Buy 1 Get 1 Free Filemaker is misleading......

schamblee

Title

Buyer ...Buy 1 Get 1 Free Filemaker is misleading......

Called after a few days of not getting my second key.   I was told by a tech employee that I changed my order from bye one get one free when  under details it states you have to do one of the download options to get it free.   I was treated horrible by the tech support employee and told it was my fault they didn't stand behind their ad.   Be careful when ordering.  DO NOT CHANGE TO A DOWNLOAD OPTION, when ordering.    If you do you have to call tech support and get treated like crap and told it your fault for doing what the site states.   Under details it states you have to do one of the download options, which is incorrect.  

• 1. Re: Buyer ...Buy 1 Get 1 Free Filemaker is misleading......
          schamblee

To clarify when you buy one get one free there are 3 options,  the first option doesn't look like a download option, but like a menu heading and then it states in the detail section that you must select a download option, which makes it really confusing.  The 3 option are :

1) BuyOneGetOneFree         Leave on this option and then call to order a backup disc.  Looks like heading instead of a choice.
                                                         No where in this option does it state download. 
          2) Download                          This choice does not include free copy
          3) Downlaod with Disc           This choice does not include free copy.    The one I order because I wanted a backup Disc.
                                                         This option cost more, so it should be included in the buy one get one free, online.

What has happen to customer service ?  Very disappointed how I was treated on the phone.

Update....Still don't have second key, but have been email and stated that I should get in two business days.

Update....Got my second license key today, so it didn't take two business days.  I'm happy they took care of the problem fast, just believe website could be more clear, and tech support could be more friendly.

• 2. Re: Buyer ...Buy 1 Get 1 Free Filemaker is misleading......
            SteveMartino

Thanks for the heads up.  Hopefully they will change it for better clarification.

• 3. Re: Buyer ...Buy 1 Get 1 Free Filemaker is misleading......
              schamblee

Thanks Steve.  I was upset this morning with how they talk to me on the phone more than the issue of the website being somewhat confusing, but heck just fix the issue and take note and move on, which Filemaker did fix the issue by sending the second key today.  I known a another user had posted a statement by not getting his second key a few weeks ago, and I told him to contact tech support, so I know I wasn't the only one that misunderstood.  I just expected more from tech support when I call.  I had ordered other items too, and the tech guy told me he didn't know when my order would ship.