1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2012 12:01 PM by philmodjunk

Cabinetmaker general question

leighmorganhomes

Title

Cabinetmaker general question

I would like to input basic cabinet sizes and types, then be able to get several reports such as parts lists, door sizes ect. This will take some basic mathematical calculations in the querys ( sorry for the Access language) is this possible without to much knowledge. I have successfully done this in Access, but I don't really like it. What I really like is FM go. I can use my iPad on the job site  any help would be appreciated

• 1. Re: Cabinetmaker general question
          philmodjunk

It can certainly be done, though the implementation may be quite different from how you'd do it in Access. (no SQL based queries). Don't know if you can do it by yourself or not as we have no way to assess your basic skill set when working with FileMaker and relational databases.

It's certainly possible to set up a table of cabinets and link it to parts lists and other tables of related records to fill in the details. Not sure where mathematical calculations become part of the process here, but there should be a way to do that in FileMaker.