5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2015 3:09 PM by philmodjunk

Calculated field won't return words beginning with "Y" or "T" (both UC and LC)

MattMinde

Title

Calculated field won't return words beginning with "Y" or "T" (both UC and LC)

Hi Wise Community!

I made a DB for a local phone directory which takes individual names and generates copy suitable for a printed  directory listing, e.g.:

Field A, Last Name: Doe
      Field A, First Name: John
      Field B, Last Name: Doe
      Field B, First Name: Jane

The resulting calculation looks like this: Doe, John and Jane

I've got six name fields: A, B, C, D, E, and F, with conditionals that allow for different last names, plus a field for an address and two phone numbers. 

Here's the weird thing: ANY name beginning with the letter "T" or "Y" in ANY of the Last Name fields does not show up. I have NOTHING in my calculations which include either of those letters, nor can I figure out where this is happening. I have a script which copies the calculation to an editable field for minor copy clean-up, but this phenomenon appears on entry into the fields. 

Does anyone know what's going on? I've attached a screenshot of the fields and the calculation. I'm using FMPro v6 on a Mac OSX 10.6.8. (I know, old but still works...) THANKS! —MM

TYmystery.jpg