1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 7:12 AM by philmodjunk

Calculating Net Promoter Score

sccardais

Title

Calculating Net Promoter Score

I would like to create two layouts similar to the attached samples and I'm not sure how to do it.

The report shows the Net Promoter Score (based on The Ultimate Question by Fred Reichheld).

We import customer satisfaction surveys into a FMP database every month. Customers indicate their satisfaction using a 1 - 10 scale. This value is entered (imported) into a field "Score" in a table "Surveys." . Based on the score, we identify them as Promoters, Passives or Detractors into another field, "NPS Category". We use the Case function to populate "NPS Category" but I wonder if  we need to use three separate fields to generate the reports we want. This is how the NPS Category is assigned.

•           Promoters = scores of 9 or 10
      •      
      •           Passives - scores of 7 or 8
      •      
      •           Detractors - scores of 6 or less

Net Promoter Score Formula = Subtract the total % Survey responses classified as Detractors from the total % of Survey responses classified as "Promoters." For example, if we had 100 surveys. 60 from promoters, 20 from passives and 20 from detractors, our NPS score would be 40. (60% promoters less 20% Detractors)

The Surveys table also has fields for the "Year-Mo" the survey was taken and the "Version" of our product the customer is using. We would like to use these fields to identify trends over time for all customers and for each of our products.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NPS_Score_Report_Layout.jpg

• 1. Re: Calculating Net Promoter Score
          philmodjunk

Summing calculation fields that only return a score if in a particular category is definitely the most straight forward way to do this:

If ( Score > 9  ; Score )

For example will only return the score for promoters so a sum of this field will give you the total promoters.

But self join relationships that match only to specific categories (or ranges of score values) or a calculation field with ExecuteSQL can also return the needed sub total by category as well.