AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating paper costs

Question asked by tdeppen on Jun 26, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Calculating paper costs

I am having a hard time creating a calculation which will look at up to 4 different papers, looking those paper values up in a separate database and bringing the prices back into my original database to be multiplied by the quantity then added all up. 

I have 4 different paper fields named "PPR NO1, PPR NO2, PPR NO3, and PPR NO4". These fields are linked to a paper database (with a paper code), which stores the description, size, vendor, and cost of each paper. My manager set up this calculation: 

(PPR COST SHT SET * PPR QTY USED) + (PPR COST SHT SET * PPR QTY USED2) +( PPR COST SHT SET *PPR QTY USED3) + (PPR COST SHT SET * PPR QTY USED4)

This only seems to add up the qty from all 4 papers and multiplys that number by the first paper price only. It is not looking at the other paper codes and looking up their costs. In fact I don't really see where it even references the first paper "PPR NO1" The PPR COST SHT SET is looking up the price in the paper database...it seems by default. I am not sure why it is using the paper code from PPR NO1. 

Outcomes