1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 3:07 PM by philmodjunk

Calculating salary per half month...

JacobHansen

Title

Calculating salary per half month...

Hi
      I'm new to Filemaker, so be gentle.
      Im having a little problem with calculating my salary per month since i get my salary from day 15/MM/YYYY to 14/MM/YYYY and paid the month after.

Example:
      10$ per hour.
      I work 35 hours per month, 5 per day at work.
      I work the 16, 19, 31 of January and 3, 7, 9 and 14 of Feburary.

So I get 350$ paid by the 1st of March. But how do I make Filemaker do this calculation for me month by month, so I can see what i was paided January, feburary and so on? Or just what i will get next month?

Please help me with this. I only need the "Salary per month".  

• 1. Re: Calculating salary per half month...
          philmodjunk

If each record represents a day or part of a day worked, either a relationship or performing a find that uses a date range as criteria can be used to produce a group of records that can be totaled with a summary field.

Say your table of work records is called HoursWorked and you have another table called MonthlyCheck.

Define a date field, DateStart, format it with a pop up calendar and give it this auto-enter calculation:

Self - Day (Self) + 15

This will take any date selected from the pop up and produce a date for the 15th of the same month.

Add cDateEnd as a calculation field with date specified as the return type:

Date ( Month ( DateStart ) + 1 ; 14 ; Year ( DateStart ) )

This produces a date range from the 15th of one month to the 14th of the following month.

Define this relationship:

MonthlyCheck::DateStart > HoursWorked::Date AND
          MonthlyCheck::cDateEnd < HoursWorked::Date

then define a calculation field, cWages as the HourlyRate * HoursWorked

Define a summary field as the total of cWages and place this field on your MonthlyCheck layout.

There are other approaches that will also work.