AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculating with percentages

Question asked by Socio.t on Jul 29, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2009 by etripoli

Title

Calculating with percentages

Hello everyone,

I have a challenge that goes far away from my knowledge in FMP, so I really need your help. I'm being a bit of pain in the last weeks with my posts.

I have this enpenses and invoice management database.

In a part of this database I'm keeping the record of the Suppliers Invoices. Normally I would like to be able to click, pay a supplier and it would allow me to select the invoice I want to pay and pay it.

But I want to have the flexibility to pay to that supplier whatever amount I decide, either it corresponds to the total of the invoices or not.

So the idea is that I select a Supplier, doing this it should list all the unpaid invoices from this supplier.

Then I should be able to click on a button that says "Pay supplier" and it would ask for the amount.

Once I set the amount, as far as it isn't bigger then the total of the invoices that I have to pay, it would start setting invoices as payed, starting from the oldest.

But in case that one of the invoices would be not tottaly covered it would subtract the an amount that is still available from that invoice and show the value of the invoice that remains to pay.

I know that it is kind of complex, but please let me know if there is a way of doing it, and please don't hesitate in asking if you need some more information to help me.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards,

Luís

Outcomes