5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2011 10:01 AM by LaRetta_1

calculation

EranAter

Title

calculation

hallo

i trayed to make a flow list to show use of X in same year and same month.

i have make the relationship but dont know the pormula to use.

is it "case":

how do i do that?

• 1. Re: calculation
          LaRetta_1

What is a flow list?  If, from the parent table, you want a list of children (in a calculation) then you would use:

List ( ChildTable::yourField )

Please reword your request so it is clearer and contains more specifics.

• 2. Re: calculation
            EranAter

thenk you for replying

the calculation i need is for example as: amunt of payed for childrens learn in a sptsific class in a spatsific month and spatsific year.

in the table i have: date (sate month; date year); class; name; payed... for example

Eran

• 3. Re: calculation
              LaRetta_1

Hi Eran, :^)

Questions:

1) Is this one table or two tables?  And what are the table names?  If two tables, are they currently related?
              2) Where should this calculation display? 
              3) Should User have ability to enter month and year and see totals (or see details of the records which generate these totals)?
              4) What FM version and OS are you using?

• 4. Re: calculation
                EranAter

1) Is this one table or two tables?  And what are the table names?  If two tables, are they currently related?

it is two tables currently related. the table name is "expens" and the fild name is "ttp" (total payed)

2) Where should this calculation display?

this calculation should be display in the table name "flow" in a fild under the same month.

the table "flow" have record by years

3) Should User have ability to enter month and year and see totals (or see details of the records which generate these totals)?

i know all about this

4) What FM version and OS are you using?

FM pro 11 advance

• 5. Re: calculation
                  LaRetta_1

If you have the correct relationship, FLOW month/year relating equally to EXPENS month/year then all you need now is:

Create a summary field in EXPENS called sTotalPaid (type is summary) and specify 'Total of' and select your ttp field.  Go back to Flow layout and Insert > Field and select your new EXPENS sTotalPaid field.