AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation and Auto Enter problems (VLOOKUP)

Question asked by NickLawrence on Jan 17, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Calculation and Auto Enter problems (VLOOKUP)

I'm trying to set up a purchase order system in FM Pro 12, I have three criteria that needs to be fulfilled when calculating the value, this is based on roles, e.g.

This is the layout I have:

Product1 Description1 Day1 Fees1 Role %1 Role1 Total1

Product2 Description2 Day2 Fees2 Role %2 Role2 Total2

Product3 Description3 Day3 Fees3 Role %3 Role3 Total3

Product4 Description4 Day4 Fees4 Role %4 Role4 Total4

Product5 Description5 Day5 Fees5 Role %5 Role5 Total5

Product6 Description6 Day6 Fees6 Role %6 Role6 Total6

Product7 Description7 Day7 Fees7 Role %7 Role7 Total7

Product, Description, Day and Role are all drop down menus,

Fees is entered manually

Role% should come from another database once the role is specified, although this only seems to work in Role%1 not on any of the other lines??? • Once the role% is auto entered the total of the fees is calculated, again this seems to be calculating it for the first line then entering it in to all the total fields 1-7???.

Some roles need to have a fixed fee entered as opposed to the % being calculated, I had this working when using repeating fields but it doesn’t seem to work now even though I’ve updated the calculation:

Original Calculation:

Case(Role::Role %[1] = "Fixed";200;Role::Role %[1] = "AB";100;Fees[1] * Role::Role %[1])

Updated Calculation:

Case(Role::Role %1 = "Fixed";200;Role::Role %1 = "AB";100;Fees1 * Role::Role %1)

Plus only the first 2 roles work from the drop down menu, none of the others put the % in?

I hope I’ve explained it so people can understand, but please ask additional questions if I’ve missed stuff. Many thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Nick

Outcomes