1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 7:20 AM by Stu412

Calculation based on omitted record

Stu412

Title

Calculation based on omitted record

Hi there

As a part of my simple-as-possible-for-users import routine, I need to import 90 records from an excel spreadsheet.  I import first to a checking area, and from there the user clicks 'Go' to import to the final data table.  The first record is a date header, along with other confusing things that I need to import, but don't want the user to see.

I need to use the date from the header on the remaining records for the final import and when the row is visible on my found set, the calculation I have in the date field for all the other records displays the date.  However, when it's hidden, the calculation obviously cannot calculate correctly which is a problem.  I need the date to be clearly visible to ensure users have no excuse for wrong entries!

I need to hide record 1, but calculate based on information within it for the main import.

I hope this makes sense, but I'm at the constraint of the import data initially and don't want users needing to change the Excel sheet.