3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2008 8:05 AM by TSGal

Calculation between 2 FMK files.

mayor

Title

Calculation between 2 FMK files.

Hello,

I got 2 files (vot21 and vot23) which consist of 2 tables each, vot_info and vot_expenses.

vot_info(vot_no, vot_amount, vot_balance ...

vot_expenses( vot_no, invoice_amount, expenses_amount...

In order to generate the report for these 2 vot (vot21 & vot23), I need to calculate the total

of vot_amout (for vot21 & vot23), vot_balance, expenses_amount etc.

Question, can I calculate the total of expenses for example, for vot21 and vot23? How?

TQ

• 1. Re: Calculation between 2 FMK files.
          TSGal

mayor:

Thank you for your post.

Do you have the two files connected to one another?  Are the tables between the two connected?

If you are using the two files separately, you can create a Summary field that totals (or counts, averages, etc.) the vot_amount and/or expenses_amount in each file.

Can you provide an example?  It would help me understand what difficulties you are encountering.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Calculation between 2 FMK files.
            mayor

In manage database, I select External data source>New and select Filemaker, the I choose FMP file which is vot23. I think it has been connected isn't it? For relationship I have not done yet. Just insert table for vot23 and link to table vot21, it is correct? 

File vot21

vot_expenses( vot_no, invoice_amount, total_expenses_amount...

File vot23

vot_expenses( vot_no, invoice_amount, total_expenses_amount...

I want to generate report for grand total of expenses for vot21 and vot23

grand_total = (vot21)total_expenses_amount + (vot23)total_expenses_amount

Can you give suggestion, its better for me to make different file for vot as above or just create 1 file with different table for vot.

TQ

• 3. Re: Calculation between 2 FMK files.
              TSGal

mayor:

If your relationship is not set between the two tables, you will not be able to use information from a non-related table.

You can use Summary fields to display totals, averages, counts in each file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.