3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 12:50 PM by philmodjunk

calculation field heirarchy

BERGSTEN

Title

calculation field heirarchy

I have the following auto calculation set for Invoices::Payment_Status.

Case(Invoices::Invoice_Status = "CONFIRMED" or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "FINAL QUOTE" ; "OUTSTANDING" ;
      Invoices::Invoice_Status = "QUOTE" or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "NO INVOICE"  or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "DID NOT HAPPEN"  or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "IN PROGRESS"; "NO INVOICE" ;
      Invoices::Invoice_Status = "CANCELLED"; "CANCELLED"; Self)

The problem is that I also have this auto calculation on Invoices::Invoice_Status that it supercedes:

If (Payment_Status="RECEIVED"; "FINAL QUOTE"; Self)

I can't enter an invoice (Invoice_Status) as "Received" with calculation one. Both calculations are equally important, so I need to figure out a way for both to work together. I guess I need to be able to override the first calculation based on the second.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: calculation field heirarchy
          philmodjunk

Case(self = "received" ; "FINAL QUOTE" ;
                   Invoices::Invoice_Status = "CONFIRMED" or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "FINAL QUOTE" ; "OUTSTANDING" ;
                   Invoices::Invoice_Status = "QUOTE" or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "NO INVOICE"  or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "DID NOT HAPPEN"  or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "IN PROGRESS"; "NO INVOICE" ;

This will enable you to enter "RECEIVED" into the field and this will supercede all other possible calculations, replacing "received" with "Final Quote".

• 2. Re: calculation field heirarchy
            BERGSTEN

This turns "Payment_Status" to Final Quote.

I want to turn Payment_Status to "received" and Invoice_Status to "Final Quote"

• 3. Re: calculation field heirarchy
              philmodjunk

Sorry, misread your post.

Case(Payment_status = "received" ; self ;
                       Invoices::Invoice_Status = "CONFIRMED" or Invoices::Invoice_Status = "FINAL QUOTE" ; "OUTSTANDING" ;

That skips all other calculated values if payment status has been set to received.