AnsweredAssumed Answered

calculation field in related table doesn't update the result

Question asked by BorioMarco on Jun 25, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 by BorioMarco

Title

calculation field in related table doesn't update the result

Hi everybody,

i have a problem with my first database..... it's just a two table DB with one relationship, but i'm trying to learn how to make it work properly.

In my first table (called orders) I have several fields (salesmen, product, amount, invoice number etc) and in the second table i would like to get a report about the turn-over of one specified salesmen (sub-total for product families and grand total).

I've set a Salesmen_ID in my main Table, sub-totals for Product family are calculated in fields under the same Table.

In the second Table (called example Mike as one of the salesmen) I've set the Salesmen_ID and create the relationship with Order Table, than I've the fields for the sub-totals (data coming from the Order table records) and a new field calculating the grand total.

And here is where i get my problem...

Everything seams to work fine, the data are correctly taken from the records of Order table, but.... The data in "Mike" table updates their values ONLY if i first select the Salesmen_ID field and press TAB.... than the data are updating with the new values. 

If i go back to Orders, modify some record (change amount or change product family), when i go back to "mike" table the data are not updated, i still have to select the Salesmen_ID field and press TAB.

There is a way to make those field update automatically??? 

I think the main problem is that I'm just trying, I had this on an excel file and I'm trying to make it on FM. 

It might be the way i set the relationship or just I'm missing something.....  

HELP!!!!!  Thanks for you reply...

Marco

Outcomes