AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation field mystery

Question asked by Koski on Jan 29, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Calculation field mystery

Here is something I don't understand in creating a calculation field.  I hope one of you can explain it to me. 

Sometimes when I create a calculation the "Evaluate this calculation from the context of:" window at the top of the dialogue box shows "<unknown>".  This seems to create a problem with the calculation displaying immediately upon changing one of the values related to it.  I can't figure out what I'm doing to make the "<unknown>" happen sometimes but not others.  Consequently, I can't figure out how to change the "<unknown>" to a valid file name to fix the problem. I'm using Filemaker version 7

<!--  [if !mso]&gt; &lt;style&gt; v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} &lt;/style&gt; &lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte mso 9]&gt;&lt;xml&gt;   Normal   0   false         false   false   false     EN-US   X-NONE   X-NONE                                        MicrosoftInternetExplorer4                                      &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte mso 9]&gt;&lt;xml&gt;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   &lt;/xml&gt;&lt;![endif]  --><!--  [if gte mso 10]&gt; &lt;style&gt; /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable      {mso-style-name:&quot;Table Normal&quot;;      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;      mso-style-noshow:yes;      mso-style-priority:99;      mso-style-qformat:yes;      mso-style-parent:&quot;&quot;;      mso-padding-alt:0pc .45pc 0pc .45pc;      mso-para-margin:0pc;      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;      text-indent:3.0pc;      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;      font-size:11.0pt;      font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;      mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;      mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;      mso-fareast-font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;      mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;      mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;      mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} &lt;/style&gt; &lt;![endif]  -->

<!--  [if gte vml 1]&gt;                         &lt;![endif]  --> 

Outcomes