AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation Field Not Updating on IWP

Question asked by wkparkjoe on Jun 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 by aammondd

Title

Calculation Field Not Updating on IWP

Hello:

I'm having an issue with a calculation field not updating when using IWP.

I have a calculation field called Drivers Driving Status. This field is used to tell HR whether the person eligable to drive a company vechicle. It is calculated based off of 2 additional fields, 1) Drivers Abstract and 2) Drivers Abstract Status. The first field is a check box value field with 3 values associated: "Received  ", "  N/A", "Obtained by HR". The spaces in the first two values are on purpose to make formatting look nicer on IWP. The second field has multiple values in a pull down menu for the Abstract Status.

My calculation field: Drivers Driving Status is setup as following:

Drivers Driving Status =

Case (
Drivers Abstract = "  N/A" ; "N/A" ;
Drivers Abstract = "Received  " and
   IsEmpty ( Drivers Abstract Status ) ; "Incomplete" ;
Drivers Abstract = "Received  " and
   not IsEmpty ( Drivers Abstract Status ) ; Drivers Abstract Status ;
"Incomplete"
)

I have it set to always evaluate and as UNSTORED. For some reason IWP never updates this field properly, but if I use Filemaker Pro, the field updates. I have other calculation fields that update through IWP and Filemaker Pro. Any suggestions as to where I can figure out why this field doesn't update on IWP properly?

EDIT:

I noticed one strange thing. For the Drivers Abstract field, when I check it through IWP and then go look at it in a blank form where the contents of the field are displayed, I noticed one of the 3 values for that field is in there and a carriage return. I've never seen this before. Any idea what could be causing IWP to take a check box value and put a carriage return in it?

Outcomes