4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 3:40 PM by philmodjunk

Calculation Field not updating with Global Variable, but ok with Global Field

RobinXiao

Title

Calculation Field not updating with Global Variable, but ok with Global Field

I was scripting a "toggle sort order" function with arrow graphic show current order, acs or des. I achieved the result first with Global Field, but the Calculation Field won't work if I replace Global Field with Global Variable, if I copy paste the calculation formula into Data Viewer, it works there. Is this some sort of bug or its how its designed to be?

Example:

Graphic_arrow: Global, container field with 3 repetitions,1 up arrow, 2 down, and 3 nothing

column_number:Global Field (or Global Variable which does work), save the number of column currently sorted

Layoutname:Global Field (or Global Variable which does work), save the layout name currently sorted, so I can use following fields in many layout

$$sortorder: Gloabl Variable to save acs or des sort

Script is buttoned to column1,2,3,4,5,6, It will toggle $$sortorder and set Layoutname and column_number.

column1: Global calculation field, result container, display the sort arrow on list layout. Function: if( Layoutname = get(layoutname) and column_number = 1; getrepition(Graphic_arrow;$$sortorder+1); getrepition(Graphic_arrow; 3)). 

Problem is this function does not work inside Calculation Field if Layoutname &column_number(both in the condition of if statement) are Global Variable, but when you copy pasted to data viewer everything worked as suppose to be. very strange.

column2,3,4,5,6: more arrow status like column 1