4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2014 3:01 AM by Gilo

Calculation Field Sum

Gilo

Title

Calculation Field Sum

Hi

I have 2 Calculation fields, one sums the Plus and one sums the minus. Is there a way to get the difference of the two calculation fields?

Ex: Field_Minus = 10  and Field_plus = 20  

I need Field_Total= 20 - 10

• 1. Re: Calculation Field Sum
          philmodjunk

And how do the FIeld_Plus and Field_minus compute their sums? (there's more than one way)

If they are calculation fields, you should be able to just use: Field_plus - Field_minus.

But I suspect that this answer is too simple. Perhaps these two fields are summary fields and you need to compute a difference of sub totals?

• 2. Re: Calculation Field Sum
            Gilo

Sorry, didn't give enough info, my bad...

Field_Plus is a summary field, which adds up all the values of Field_MoneyIGet. 
            Field_Minus is a summary field which adds up all the values of Field_MoneyISpent. 

So If Record 1 has 10€ in Field_MoneyIGet and Record 2 has 20€ in Field_MoneyIGet, my Field_Plus returns 30 €

On screen Field_Total = Field_Plus - Field_Minus works but If I print my report, where I have several in between results, It shows always the same value, which is also wrong. 

• 3. Re: Calculation Field Sum
              raybaudi

Please, give us your wished result ( see .png )

• 4. Re: Calculation Field Sum
                Gilo

Hi 

I found a solution, for every record I added a total, where it puts the plus as positive number and minus as negative and then I sum up and i get the difference

Thank you guys