3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 11:58 AM by philmodjunk

Calculation filed on filtered portal rows

RedL

Title

Calculation filed on filtered portal rows

I can have calulation field, for example sum of quantity, for portal row which does not have filter by Portal setup.  But, I cnanot get coreect info for filter portal row.

• 1. Re: Calculation filed on filtered portal rows
          philmodjunk

Calculation fields ignore the portal filter and evaluate solely by what you have defined in the relationship for that portal.

A summary field defined in the portal's table can produce totals that will be consistent with the portal filter.

• 2. Re: Calculation filed on filtered portal rows
            RedL

Can you explain a little more detail on your commnets:

"A summary field defined in the portal's table can produce totals that will be consistent with the portal filter."

My summary is on the portal's table whcih is

SumQty defined as =Total of ThisShipQty

BUt, it sum all records, which is linked from parent record, and including filtered records.

• 3. Re: Calculation filed on filtered portal rows
              philmodjunk

I don't know your relationships in use so posting that info would help me explain using your actual relationships.

If you have this relationship:

layoutTableOcccurrence----<PortalTableOccurrence

Then putting PortaltableOccurrence::SummaryField in the portal will display a value that correctly reflects any filtering that takes place due to a portal filter.

Defining a calculation field in LayoutTable that refers to fields in POrtalTable, will ignore any portal filtering.