1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 3:19 PM by philmodjunk

Calculation for a Field only working on first record

MichaelShea_1

Title

Calculation for a Field only working on first record

Hello;

I am trying to lookup the current month's mortgage payment date.

From the table in which I am generating this field, I look up the "Lote" for the record and match it to the same "Lote" in the Payments Table.  Within the Payments table, there are multiple mortgage payments listed.  I am therefore doing a further search for the payment date related to the current month (or a defined variable as in the example below 10/10/2014).

For sum reason, the calculation only works for the first record....and nothing more.  I have 500 records.

If(Payments::Lote=Lote; If(Payments::Vencimento= Date ( 10 ; 10 ; 2014 );Payments::Codigo Pagamento;0))

• 1. Re: Calculation for a Field only working on first record
          philmodjunk

In a calculation, any reference to a field from a related record, that reference only references data from the first related record. This is how FileMaker is designed to function. If you need that calculation to reference data from a different related record or a group of related records, you have to use a different expression or relationship (where the first related record IS the desired record) to access this data.