Calculation for automatic pricing by client

NicAs

Title

Calculation for automatic pricing by client

Hi i'm new to filemaker

I have this relation

client id --< Order id --< stock id

product id >-- product table

in the stock i would like to have an automatic price that is different for the same product, depending on the client. how can i do that?

• 1. Re: Calculation for automatic pricing by client
          TKnTexas

To clarify your question, when you invoice WIDGET1 which normally sells for $2.50, you the look up to return a different price because it is a specific client?  Or you want to change the price on the fly as you bill this client?  

• 2. Re: Calculation for automatic pricing by client
            NicAs

In fact i want both

i want the price to automatically return a different price depending on the client 

and i want to be able to change it on the fly as i bill the client (to to be a calculation that i cannot change…)

• 3. Re: Calculation for automatic pricing by client
              TKnTexas

You can make the price a look up.  I am sure you could create a secondary price on the line item that is the price from a related table to the client.  Or on the client profile you might have a percentage that is a discount from the regular price.  You could accept that price or overwrite with a new price.  Once the invoice is committed you security could make the price fixed (locked in). 

In a catering application, I provided the menu price but provided a field for custom price.  I think checked THAT price to make sure it was not too low.  You have a lot of options.

• 4. Re: Calculation for automatic pricing by client
                ElpicFayl

HI!

New here,

I am having the same difficulty here being new to Filemaker I am trying to have a price of the product depending of the client, the price is not a discount from the regular one, but created independently.

But I think that my relations between my tables are a bit mixed up.

Here is how I modeled them:

Client   --<       Price  >--     Product   >--- Type

id                    id                id                  id

name             idCli            idTYP            type

idPro           type

price

One of the objectives is to show the client only the products he can purchase and show them the price determined for them.

Perhaps I should add somewhere in my tables the products the client can access.

If you have any idea or hint?

PS: Foreign Keys are in italic for better readability