4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2012 5:03 PM by ChrisSmythe

Calculation for DeployedStatus Field

ChrisSmythe

Title

Calculation for DeployedStatus Field

Hello, I am using FileMaker Pro 12 on Windows XP.

I am hoping someone would please be kind enough to help me with the following FileMaker Calculation:

I have a link to my Test 11.fmp12 database (Account Name: Admin & Password: "there is no password" just click OK.

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0681807_60165357_21551

I need a calculation that changes the DeployedStatus field from Pending to Deployed --- in the following table:

DbUserEdits table --- DeployedStatus field; and
           DbUserEdits table --- DeployedDate field.

If there is a DeployedStatus field that = Pending and has a DeployedDate field that = "Today's date",

then the DeployedStatus field needs to change to: Deployed.

This calculation needs to be applied to all records in the DbUserEdits table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris :)

• 1. Re: Calculation for DeployedStatus Field
          Sorbsbuster

Try:

Case (
               DeployedStatus = "Pending" And DeployedDate = Get ( CurrentDate ) ; "Deployed" ;
               "Whatever it should be if that is not the case"
               )

You need to make it an unstored calculation or else it will only evaluate once.

• 2. Re: Calculation for DeployedStatus Field
            schamblee

Sorbsbuster is using a calculation, which is what you asked for.  Calculation fields can't be modified.  You would not be able to change from Deployed  from your drop down list.  You can use a script trigger on the DateDeployed Field.  You would use onObjectModify then create a script which could use a case statement. I used a if statement

If[DbUserEdits::DateDeployed=Get(CurrentDate) and DbUserEdits::DeploymentStatus="Pending"
                   Set Field [DbUserEdits::DeploymentStatus;"Deployed"]
                   Commit Records/Requests [No dialog]
                 End If

If you used a calculation to set this field, you would have to add on to your calculation to set the field to "Not Deployed" or to "Pending".

• 3. Re: Calculation for DeployedStatus Field
              ChrisSmythe

Hello Sorbsbuster & S Chamblee - thank you for your kind assistance and help - very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris.

• 4. Re: Calculation for DeployedStatus Field
                ChrisSmythe

Thanks again Sorbsbuster & S Chamblee.  I am now looking up FileMaker help on how to set up a trigger script and use onObjectModify.

Kind regards,

Chris.