4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 2:39 PM by kuhoodva

Calculation not responding as expected

kuhoodva

Title

Calculation not responding as expected

I am using FMP Advanced 12.0v4.

I have a calculation that I am trying to use as an if statement in a script but I a having difficulty getting a 'true' out of it. Here is the statement:

FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" ) = "9:00 AM"

'Global::WorkTimesSummerM'  is a Text field with potential multiple times selected from a check box set

I have verified through the data viewer that,  FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" ) does equal "9:00 AM", but when I evaluate the entire statement as entered above I get a false (0) as a response. The only way that I have been able to get a true (1) response  is to replace = with ≠. 

What am I missing here?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Calculation not responding as expected
          AppGuy

It does not return a true or false..

For instance..

Filter(”abc123xyz”, “abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz”) would return abcxyz
               Filter(”abc123xyz”, “123456789”) would return 123

If your looking for a true / false.. you can wrap it in a case statement..

case(FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" )) = "9:00 AM" ;

• 2. Re: Calculation not responding as expected
            kuhoodva

Thanks for your reply, I must still be missing something here. I thought that FilterValues works a little differently that Filter, but anyway,

Trying that it still gives me a false as

case(FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" )) = "9:00 AM" ; 1; 0 )

replies with 0

case(FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" )) = "9:00 AM" ; 1; 2 )

replies with 2

case(FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "7:00 AM" )) = "9:00 AM" ; 1; 0 )

replies with 0 

case(FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" ))  "9:00 AM" ; 1; 0 )

replies with 1

Thanks

• 3. Re: Calculation not responding as expected
              philmodjunk

FilterValues, like all the "values" functions, appends a return character to the end of the text. Thus,

FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" )

will return:

"9:00 AM"

I suggest this expression to evaluate as True if "9:00 AM" is in the list of values in the field:

Not isEmpty ( FilterValues ( Global::WorkTimesSummerM ; "9:00 AM" ) )

• 4. Re: Calculation not responding as expected
                kuhoodva

That is what I was missing. 

I like the Not IsEmpty better as well.

Thanks Phil