1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 12:33 AM by Sorbsbuster

Calculation of expiry dates

JacquesSmith

Title

Calculation of expiry dates

Hi, Noob here,

I have searched the forums and tried to calculate and display the correct infromation that i want but i just dont get the correct information i need.

I have a simple database layout with the following fields

Licensse_issue_date (Date field)

License_exp_date (Date field)

months_until_exp (Text field)

I want to calculate how many months are left before a drivers license expires. Drivers Licenses are valid for 5 years (260 months) and display the ammount of months left before expiring

Example:

John has a Drivers License with Issue date: 2010/04/13 and expiry date: 2015/04/13. How many months does john have before his drivers license expires?

Also i would like to see if i can a notification when - if license is 90 days from expiry date "due to expire" and - if license has passed the expiry date "expired" to the calculation above.

Any helpfull information would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Calculation of expiry dates
          Sorbsbuster

"How many months does john have before his drivers license expires?"

Try:

months_until_exp (an unstored calculation field, with result type 'Number') = Round ( ( Licence_exp_date - Get ( CurrentDate ) ) / 30.5 ; 0 )

"Also i would like to see if i can a notification when - if license is 90 days from expiry date"

For the other two cases, try an unstroed calculation set to type text:

Case (
               Licence_exp_date - Get ( CurrentDate ) < 90 ; "Less than 3 months to go!" ;
               Licence_exp_date - Get ( CurrentDate ) < 0 ; "Licence expired!" ;
               ""
               )