3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 12:53 PM by philmodjunk

Calculation question

gjbdjc

Title

Calculation question

I have a table that lists "quantity produced" and "type of process".  Id like to create a field that adds the quantity based on the type of process?

Shift 1       Blending       10,000

Shift 2       Milling             5,000

Shift 1       Blending         7,000                       Total Blending ???????   Total Milling ????????

• 1. Re: Calculation question
          philmodjunk

Total for a given process over all records in the table or only a sub set of the records with that process?

• 2. Re: Calculation question
            gjbdjc

I want to know the total for each process in a given month.  Total "Blending" for September, Total "Milling" for September and so on...

I would prefer this in a single field so that I can include it at the bottom of an existing report???

• 3. Re: Calculation question
              philmodjunk

Do you know how to set up an SQL query? The ExecuteSQL() function could be used to produce these totals.

Will your report list all records for a specified month?

Is there a date field in each record (and not a text field with a date in it)?

A filtered portal and a summary field can be used to show this sub total specific to a given process. The details on how you would set that up depend on your answers to the above questions.