AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation to Increase Numbers in Fields and Concatenate

Question asked by kingsley47 on Oct 19, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Calculation to Increase Numbers in Fields and Concatenate

So I'm trying to make a set of calculation cells that imitate a pretty useful function in excel. Here is the property from excel I want to imitate: if I wrote 1 in the first cell, then 2 in the cell right below it, I could then drag down and have the following cells increase by 1 until I stopped dragging. After making that list, I could program a row of cells to take a single value from another cell, lock it, then concatenate it with a number from the number list I made. If I dragged down then I'd get a list starting with the same values and always ending with the number in the corresponding cell from the number list.

When I started writing this question, I thought I was close to a solution. But I just thought of a show stopper to my solution. Any idea how I could go about doing this without programming every single field? I have about 500 fields that I would like to serialize and concatenate with a value from another field. Figuring out a way to automate this would obviously be the best solution. 

One last thing, I am in record view. I know this sounds like a job for list view but this is a test report that goes to our customer.

Outcomes