3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2013 11:26 AM by philmodjunk

Calculation to replace spaces in field data with another character or set of characters

DavidRoy_1

Title

Calculation to replace spaces in field data with another character or set of characters

I have several address fields and on one of my layouts want to send the info to the google maps API for a static image via a web object.  In order for the API to return the image I'm looking for, I need to replace any spaces in a standard street address with a "+". 

For example:  "Park Avenue" would need to become "Park+Avenue"  I've tried the trimALL function to just remove the spaces, but that doesn't work out with google's API, or brings back erratic results.

I've already setup another field in the database called urlAddress as a Calcution, unstored, recalculate when necessary.  This field only exists to make the interface with the web object easier.

SO:  Is there a function that I can use to change the spaces to another character or goup of characters?  Any ideas?