AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculations from multiple fields in multiple tables

Question asked by DavidBradow on Aug 24, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 by DavidBradow

Title

Calculations from multiple fields in multiple tables

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Filemaker (using v. Pro 12), so please forgive my lack of knowledge and perhaps incorrect lingo.  I have been able to teach myself a great number of things about Filemaker and I've made a fairly decent database in which to conduct my business, but I still need some help.

I have a database with multiple tables.  Tables are "Table", "Molding Entry", and "Stamping Entry".  The latter 2 tables are designed to input the completion of manufactured parts as they are completed. "Table" is the database that stores all of the data for each order.

What I need help with is setting something up so that when I enter an "order number" and a qty into "Molding Entry" or "Stamping Entry", it will automatically find the same order number in "Table" and then subtract the qty entered from the "Qty" field listed in "Table", but then put the calculation into a new fixed field.  I already have the fields, "M Qty Comp" and "S Qty Comp" created.

It's bad enough that I can't figure out how to do that part, but I need it to be mildly more complex.  Since not every order is manufactured in 1 day, I need "Table" to find multiple entries in either of the entry databases and continuously subtract until the final qty reaches "0".

If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.  If you need any further information to assist, I will be more than happy to provide it for you.

Thank you,

David

Outcomes